Monday, 10 March 2014

DIY Coconut Oil Citrus Sugar Scrub

I love a bit of a project, especially when it ends in a delectable, organic beauty product! The lovely people at Fushi sent me some organic goodies to have a play with, one of which was Virgin Organic Coconut Oil which I'd been interested in trying out for ages.

A much healthier substitute for cooking oil, all round beauty marvel, organic and edible, this oil is something of a super product. I was tempted to try it for baking but ended up deciding to make an exfoliating sugar scrub as my skin felt in need of some TLC.

The recipe is so simple, and takes literally minutes, it's definitely worth giving it a try!


Ingredients


- The juice of one lemon and one lime (or any other juicy fruit that won't stain you!)
- Half a mug of sugar
- A tablespoon of coconut oil

Method


- Melt the coconut oil in a pan or microwave
- Add the juice of the lemon and lime
- Add the sugar and stir, add more sugar if it's too liquid-y
- Use it!



Voila! It's really that easy! The scrub is so good, the coconut oil is so moisturising it'll exfoliate and keep your skin supple. I used to to wash my hands after I'd finished making it and they were so soft for hours after! Now, to treat myself to a full body scrub in the shower!

Because everything is fresh, this scrub won't last for long so make sure you use it up. It's not just for your body, you can also use it on your face, hair, hands and lips, just don't scrub too hard on delicate skin.

For more Fushi goodness, take a look at their website here.

5 comments:

  1. This actually works? And after you can eat it? This is getting too much!

    http://www.bucketsandspadesblog.com/2014/01/menswear-blogger-outfits-2013-fashion-trends.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that coconut oil is great for the skin, I would love to give this a try sometimes! love your photography too tweet!

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! My skin totally needs this!
    I invite you to enter my first giveaway :)
    http://shabanasultana.blogspot.com/2014/03/beautiful-targets-1st-giveaway-ft-firmoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! Thanks so much for the recipe.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1